- eg_vimeo_ratio 0
- eg_youtube_ratio 0
- eg_wistia_ratio 0
- eg_html5_ratio 0
- eg_soundcloud_ratio 0
- eg_custom_meta_216 true
- eg_votes_count 0
Loved by: Glenda and Jack Manucy
1/6/1995-11/25/2009 Sex:Male AKC SN220098/01
Hip clearance: OFA GR-55287G24M Eye clearance: CERF GR-18228/03No breeder options Heart clearance: clear/Knight96 Elbow clearance: clear/Gorring 96 Thyroid clearance: Normal
Am. CH. Wingwatcher Reddi To Rally CDX WC OS OFA Good
Sire: Am. CH. Elysian Sky Hi Dubl Exposure UDT MH ** WCX VCX (OS)
OFA Excellent, Eyes clear
Am. CH. Beaulieu’s Akacia O’Darnley UD TDX JH WCX VCX (OD)
Am-Can OTCH Altair’s Dune Mirage SH TDX WCX Can TD
(OS/OBHF) OFA, Major Pointed
Dam: OTCH Colabaugh’s Morninglo Breeze UDX MH NA WCX ** OD
OFA Excellent, CERF
Am-Can Ch. Whipaly’s Colabaugh Senna Am-Can UD SH WCX (OD)
OFA, MH leg, OTCH points, Ch-CDX-JH-WCX and OTCH brothers
As you can see from the photo on the right above, Gunner is still going strong at 14 years of age. Gunner is a very up and energetic dog. He has great desire, style and trainability. He is an excellent example of an enthusiastic golden retriever that has a beautiful, correct coat and handsome conformation. He lived with a co-owner until he was a year old, when he returned to live with his breeders, Glenda and Jack Manucy. Right away, he and Jack became best buds and Gunner won a place in the Manucy’s hearts and home. After working fewer than half a dozen times, he was entered in his first hunt test. Four tests later, he had finished his Junior Hunter title. He then went on to easily finish his Senior and Master Hunter titles. On March 4, 2001, Gunner finished his UKC Hunting Retriever Championship, joining an elite group of goldens who have earned this title.
Gunner stands 23 1/2 inches tall and weighs 78 pounds. He has a correct scissors bite with full dentition. Gunner has a lovely front assembly with one of the best prosternum-forechests that I’ve felt in years. He is nicely angulated in rear and is thus well balanced. He is short-coupled with average length of neck, a beautiful neck-to-shoulder transition, correct length of back/loin and a rock-solid topline. His tail set and carriage are both correct. Gunner has good bone–more than you would expect for a hunting dog and more than enough to do well in the breed ring. However, he is extremely athletic and jumps easily. He moves well coming and going and has lovely side gait. Gunner has a pleasant expression although he could use more muzzle breadth and depth. He has average pigment that does fade in the winter. His coat tends toward dark medium gold and absolutely correct in quantity and texture. I am sure that if Glenda chose to show him in breed that he could be pointed.
Gunner is very intelligent and not only loves to learn new things but does so quickly and easily. He is extremely trainable. He has, and passes on to his pups, a high energy level. An example of his trainability and flexibility was the month that he earned two Master Hunter legs, the next weekend finished his CD and the third weekend earned an NA leg. He is always willing to play whatever game Glenda asks him to. He is trained through Utility and should finish his UD soon.
Gunner has a phenomenal temperament, confident and upbeat. He is polite with other dogs–bitches, intact males, etc. He is really far more interested in his bumper than the other dogs :-). He is wonderful with people as well and takes new situations, people and places in stride.
Gunner’s pedigree combines some of the finest multi-purpose goldens. His dam, OTCH Colabaugh’s Morninglo Breeze UDX MH NA earned her NA at 10 1/2 and lived till 14 1/2 years. In addition to her titles, Breeze was a Physician’s Assisting Canine who is used to detect cancer in people. Breeze’s littermates include two OTCHs.
Breeze was bred to Expo twice and this combination has produced the list of pups below. Gunner’s littermates are denoted with the *. Perhaps as important, all of the Breeze-Expo offspring cleared hips and are proving to be healthy, sound adults.
- *OTCH-HRCH Morninglo Speaker Of House UDX TD MH OA NAJ
- MACH Colabaugh’s Morninglo Dillon UD TDX JH MX MXJ
- *OTCH Morninglo Kentucky Bound UDX
- HRCH Morninglo Pic Of The Glitter UD SH NA WCX
- Morninglo Rise And Shine UD MH WCX
- Morninglo-Buttons And Bows UDX SH WC
- Morninglo Celestial Explorer CDX JH OA OAJ WCX
- *Morninglo Paddington’s Annie UD JH AX AXJ WCX VC (ptd)
- *HR Morninglo Rainbow’s End CDX SH CDX MX MXJ
- Morninglo’s Break O’Day JH WC
Breeze’s sire, Am-Can OTCH Altair’s Dune Mirage SH TDX WCX Can TD(OS) was a member of the Obedience Hall of Fame and was major pointed in the breed ring with a total of 5 championship points. Dune was brother to the famous OTCH Altair’s Sardaukar Sadie OBHF OD and produced five American OTCHs and another handful of Canadian OTCHs in his short breeding career.
Senna, Breeze’s dam–whose brother was one of my favorite dogs of all time, Am-Can Ch Whipaly Sierra Zip’n Zachary CDX JH WCX (OS)–retired with one Master Hunter leg and 26 OTCH points. She produced one American Champion, one Canadian Champion and five OTCHs, in addition to numerous other working dogs.
Expo, Gunner’s sire, is considered by most to be the leading sire of multi-purpose golden retrievers in the county. He has produced Champion, OTCH, Master Hunter, and TDX offspring. You can see Gunner’s pedigree here.
Gunner was not been bred often but he produced vigorous, outgoing dogs with tremendous working ability. Due to the talent of his offspring, the GRCA made him an Outstanding Sire. We bred to Gunner twice, producing two of our most talented bitches, Chexand Tango.
Some Gunner Kids
- HR Odyssey Farm Blue Angel MH
- OTCH, U-CD Morninglo’s Idaho Lotta Luv UDX RN AX AXJ
- Can GMOTCH Trowsnest Bouton D’Or Am UDX Can UD (HITS, 200 scores)
- Can. OTCH Bridgeton’s Too Hot To Handle UD MH VCX GRCC OBHF Am/Can WCX Am/Can TD (HITS, 200 scores)
- HRCH Morninglo Indianhills Renegade SH WC
- Can MOTCH Morninglo’s Traces Of Lace AM/Can UD (15 HITS)
- MACH2 Merichase The Skye’s The Limit CDX, MX, MXJ, OF, RN, ADHF
- OTCH2 Merichase Golden Opportunity UDX2 CGC OBHF
- OTCH U-CDX Merichase Photo Finish UDX HITS OBHF
- Morninglo Merichase Take Aim CD MH MX MXJ WCX
- Topbrass Drake MH** WCX
- Morninglo Northern Exposure UD (OTCH ptd)
- Morninglo Blaze Of Glory UD (OTCH ptd)
- SHR Merichase High Caliber Lady AX AXJ JH
- Merichase The Skye’s The Limit CD AX AXJ
- HRCH Trowsnest Morninglo’s Spirit CD MH WCX
- HR Bridgeton Morninglo Brite Lite SH WCX
- UH HRCH Bridgetons Princess Of Thieves Can/Am WCX Am SH
- HRCH Merichase Morninglo Whiz Kid SH CD AX OAJ leg WCX
- HR Deauxquest Guns To Glory UD JH OA WCX CCA
- Merichase’s Nani Elima CDX JH NA NAJ
- MACH Merichase Shes Like The Wind MX, MXJ NF, RN, ADHF
- HRCH Ossekeag’s Morninglo Tanked Up SH WCX (3 MH legs)
- HR Morninglo Tie A Yella Ribbon SH WCX (2 HRCH legs)
- Zaniri’s Ready Aim Fire Can CDX WCX SH Am JH WCX
- Gaylan’s Party of One SH MX MXJ WCX CCA
- Gaylan’s One Step Atta Time CDX JH MX MXJ OF RA WCX
- U- GRACH SHR U-CDX Trowsnest Morninglo’s Fire CDX JH MX MXJ RE WCX CCA VCX CGC TDI
- HR Trowsnest Georgia Leigh CD JH NA WCX CGC
- Trowsnest Tarpon River CD
- SHR Merichase Ain’t Miss B. Havin’ NA NAJ WC