- slide_template default
- eg_vimeo_ratio 0
- eg_youtube_ratio 0
- eg_wistia_ratio 0
- eg_html5_ratio 0
- eg_soundcloud_ratio 0
- eg_custom_meta_216 true
- eg_votes_count 0
Loved by: Elise and Bob Kremer
Cruiser was a compact, powerful golden retriever. He had moderate bone with proper angulation front and rear. He had good reach and drive with a level topline and correct tail set and carriage. He had a lovely head with an intelligent, sweet golden expression. Cruiser has a powerful, athletic gait and is an effortless jumper. His coat was moderate in length with correct undercoat and feathering.
Cruiser stood 23 inches at the shoulder and weighed 67 pounds in hard-working condition. He was medium gold with flaxen feathers. His eyes were dark brown with correct shape and size. He had a scissors bite with complete dentition. His pigment was black with only minimal fading during the winter.
Best of all, Cruiser had the ideal golden temperament; he was outgoing, happy, silly, playful and adaptable. He was deeply affectionate and devoted to his family. He was also completely accepting of strangers, children and other animals, to include intact male dogs. He showed no signs of aggression or shyness. In the house, Cruiser was quiet and well-mannered…a joy to live with. However, pick up his leash and collar and Cruiser turned on since his greatest desire was to work. He was very intelligent, learning new concepts very quickly. Retrieving was his passion, regardless of cover or distance.
Cruiser was a superb working dog. He achieved his CD title in his first three trials with scores of 197.5, 198.5 and 196.5, earning him the Dog World Award of Canine Distinction. His entire novice obedience career included three 1st places, two 2nd places and a High in Trial award. His CDX was earned as easily and, at the age of 9, he finished his UD from the “B” classes with three 3rd placements and scores of 193-196.
In the field, Cruiser was an avid retriever with excellent marking ability, solid line manners, and good memory, all of which earned him his GRCA WC and WCX. He was a solid water dog with a wonderful flying water entry.
Cruiser also excelled at agility trials. He was fast and accurate, highly attuned to his handler and confident on the equipment. He completed his MACH on November 7, 2003 and was also a member of the GRCA Agility Hall of Fame.
Cruiser’s littermates show the breadth of talent in this pedigree. They include:
- Can Ch Wingmaster Winsm Morningstar CDX MH WCX CGC, Can. CD WCX
- OTCh U-UD Wingmaster’s Fighting Irish UDX JH WC MX MXJ OAC OJC OGC (OBHF & ADHF)
- OTCH Wingmaster’s Kyria De Celis UDX (OBHF)
- OTCH Wingmaster’s Southern Xposure UDX WC (OBHF)
- Wingmasters Last Paige UDX
- Although bred only a few times, Cruiser produced wonderfully. His pups include:
- Gaylan’s Bobcat Stormy Seas JH WC CGC
- Gaylan’s First Mate TDI CGC
- Gaylan’s Into the Wind CDX AX MXJ WC CGC (OD)
- MACH3 Gaylan’s Gypsy Pirate ADHF AAD EAC RS-NO CGC
- Gaylan’s Shiver Me Timbers CD
- SHR Gaylan’s Sail of the Century CD JH WC VC CGC (maj ptd)
- MACH3 Gaylan’s Brigantine TD SH MXF AXP OJP WC CCA VCX (ADHF)
- UUD/SHR/CanOTCH Shawnfield Kaper’s Dreamkeeper JH, UD, RAE, AX, AXJ, MXP, MJP, OFP, WCX, CCA; Can UD, WC
Cruiser left this world on June 21, 2011 after more than 16 wonderful years. What a guy!